I just wanted to update the people that read my journal on few things. As you know in my last journal, which was 5 days ago , I said that I along with and were interviewed at our local comic shop on Free Comic Book Day. The episode is up and I'm going to include it for you to watch. I will let you know that I did think about not posting it just because I was worried about the reaction you would have to my accent and related things. You should know a few things though, it was my first interview ever so my voice and laugh are a result of being nervous. My normal laugh is not similar to a horse's neighing. Also the interview was a little shorter than I had thought. The guys over the talk show, Mickey and Cody, are extremely hilarious guys so I'd suggest looking at their site and watching the first episode as well. We were also offered the opportunity to be on future episodes for interviews, skits, and to attend cons with them as well. So let's hope it goes well!
I recently got my hands on one of the Ame-Comi Girls comic, issue #2, so I'll be able to get more reference pictures for my Ame-Comi cosplay of Harley. IF anyone has any idea on a good place to buy the rest of the issues let me know. I'm also looking for issues #8-33, & 36 of the Harley Quinn series. Along with issues #3, 4, 6-19, and 25-26 in the Gotham City Sirens series.
Oh! was sweet enough to inform be that apparently one of my Arkham City cosplay pictures made it to one of the tumblr pages! She said the person that had posted it expressed what a great job I had did and how sweet of a person I was. So if anyone can find a link to that so I can see it I'd be so appreciative. Keep an eye on as well for her upcoming Harley Quinn cosplay from Batman: Arkham Asylum.
Interview video (You'll see me in my blonde Gwen Stacy wig and Spider-Man shirt. ):
You can also visit them at: www.thenerdcave.com where they have various articles and reviews of comics and more.
As far as I know in school related news I still have a 4.0. I'm just happy that I get to keep my scholarship.
I'm still thinking of doing the giveaway so let me know if anyone would be interested in something like that. It would probably involve a couple of prints as well as comics.
I should have some WIP pictures up soon Baybees!
Thank you so much to new and faithful watchers alike!!! I'm now at 14,467 page views and 332 watchers. I just want to say thank you for sticking with me throughout this journey and I couldn't be any more appreciative than I already am for that. I just hope I can continue to improve my future and current cosplays for you and myself. As always feel free to suggest new cosplays! LOVE YA' BAYBEES! MWAH!
COSPLAY PLANS AND CON LIST for 2013:
(Schedule may be out of order due to progress of cosplays and dates of cons.) :
Cons that are concrete:
- Tricon April 6th (Went)
- Tsubasacon Oct. 11th-13th
Cons that are a possibility:
- Fanboy Expo
is currently working on his Arkham Asylum Joker, Injustice: Gods Among Us Joker, and Gambit.
is currently working on X-23 and Hawkgirl from Injustice: Gods Among Us.
The rest of my Spring photos will probably be WIPs.
- Harley Quinn Issue No. 9
Wig: 0 %
Dress: 50% (Found one, but I'm not sure if it's the one I want)
- Arkham Inmate Harley Quinn
Shirt: 50% (Needs Decals)
- Mad Love Harley (Nightie & Dental Nurse versions)
- Poison Ivy (DC Comics): Adam Hughes Design
Have all materials
- Harley's Holiday Outfit
Have everything minus roller skates.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Harley Quinn (Alternate universe version and possibly main version as well)
Have spurs, some of the belts, and base shoes.
- Sailor Mars
- Various Gijinka Pokemon cosplays (Sylveon, Vaporeon, etc)
So many debuts in the fall.
- Rogue (Marvel: X-Men/ Kotobukiya Bishoujo Figure Version)
Jacket: 75% (needs patches )
Suit: 75% (Slight tweaking and finishing touches pending)
Boots: 50% (base is in)
Belt Buckles: 0%
Wig: 50% (both wigs are in; need MAJOR styling work)
- Rogue (Classic Version)
- Black Cat (Marvel) Commissioning (Suit and Gloves)*
- Mystery Decade Harley Quinn cosplay
- Fan-art Design of Harley Quinn
- Harley Quinn "Classic" Version (DC Comics/ B:TAS) Commissioning*
- Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham City (3rd time's the charm ) (Need to finish bra, boots, bat, and wig)
- Harley Quinn from Batman: Arkham Asylum (Redo) (new mask, new bra, new shirt (both shirts I made got ruined with paint)
- Harley Quinn: Harley's Revenge DLC
- Ame-Comi Figure Harley Quinn
- Raven (DC TV Series version: (Teen Titans GO! Older version)
Cloak/ Cape: 50%
- Jubilee: Marvel comics
- Alice: American McGee's Alice and Alice Madness Returns
For Halloween I may be trying for Morticia with as Gomez.
- Winter Harley Quinn (Batgirl Adventures #1) Commissioning (Everything minus shoes)*
Additional cosplays for this year if I have remanding funds:
Big "Maybes" for 2013; if not done this year will be moved to 2014.
-Lydia Deetz (Red Wedding Dress Version) with as Beetlejuice (Don't say the B word. )
- "Harleywood" Harley Quinn
-Shadowcat/ Kitty Pryde
- Skarlet: Mortal Kombat 9
- Tira: Soul Calibur IV
- Harley Quinn cosplays I didn't get to this year.
- Kida: Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Megara: Disney's Hercules
- Cammy White: Street Fighter
- Rayne: BloodRayne
- Emily: Corpse Bride
I'm writing suggestions down and putting them in folders.
Thank you so much to these people for just supporting me through suggestions:
and many others!
All advice and suggestions are GREATLY APPRECIATED!